OBSESSION... That known horror movie!!

 OBSESSION: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!


"No... No no no... No no no no no no, don't do that. I thought we were having nice date. I thought we were having a nice date." "We are... We are" 

This dialogue is world famous from the movie Obsession. If I am speaking facts, this movie was a blockbuster hit just by that dialogue which was said by Inde Navarrette and who also gained popularity just by that single dialogue. I also got very good reviews about this movie and people are LOVING IT!!! If you've already watched it (lemme know your comments/reviews about this movie!) because I believe watching in theater is way better experience than streaming online. 

Inde Navarrette as Nikki Freeman 

It's an blockbuster movie of 2026, which is directed by Curry Barker. Let me tell you something about the budget, this movie was made on a very small budget, but a HUGE thanks to that dialogue that made this movie a blockbuster superhit. It actually gained a massive following through the social media discussions. The genre for this movie was combined with a mixture of psychological horror, dark comedy, and relationship drama in a unique way. If you ask me, this is one of the best horror movie if you actually wanna get scared. 

STORY: The story follows Bear (Michael Johnstone), he's a shy innocent music store employee who has a huge CRUSH on his childhood friend Nikki Freeman. He basically wanted her to love him back and then he discovered a mysterious object which is known as "One Wish Willow" and that's where the things started to get terrifying and creepy. He wishes that Nikki would love him back, well his dream came true but soon Nikki's genuine love turned into obsession, possessive, and dangerous. That's when the movie starts to explore the consequences of his wish by trying to control another person's feelings and also the dark side of desire. That's why, my hot take is "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ACTUALLY WISH FOR." 

Inde Navarrette and Michael Johnstone as Nikki Freeman and Bear 


This is the famous clip that everyone's talking about! 

REASON: A massive reason for this movie to be famous is its originality because we see lots of horror films rely heavily on jump scares, supernatural creatures, or graphic violence, Obsession only focused on psychological horror and relationships. The film actually creates a tension because we see some disturbing images and behavior of its character rather than through traditional horror elements. I read the reviews for this movie and I saw that audiences were so happy with the performance with this movie that they praised the actors efforts and I also saw that they really liked the chemistry (GUYS! lemme know in the comments what you like about the movie). The movie's success has been remarkable. It was actually produces for less than one million dollars, but it made a massive jump and earned hundreds of millions worldwide and has lowkey became the one of the most successful independent film from the horror universe in this year. 

CONCLUSION: To conclude, I think that Obsession is more than just being a horror movie. It's more about combining scares with deeper themes about relationships and human desire. I personally think it's more about what you wish for, because who know? Your wishes can be granted but soon turn into a nightmare. For many viewers, Obsession has actually become one of the most memorable horror films of 2026. 

Guys! Let me know in the comments what you think about this one and recommend me more for these types of movies. 

THANK YOU!! 

Comments