"Obsession" was an unknown competitor to other thriller movies coming out near the same time, such as "Backrooms" and "Disclosure Day". When you compare all these films against each other, Obsession had the largest gain compared to what was used to create the films. This film can almost be seen as an awakening to the film industry. Truly showing how well even low-budget films can perform in today's financial climate. Not only this but they were able to pick up some great lesser-known actors to recreate the director's (Curry Barker) vision.
Thanks to the incredible acting skills of Inde Navarrette, she gives a surreal showing of her quick change of emotions. Throughout the film thanks to the wishing stick, Inde's character acts possessed as if there is another person or entity controlling her body after the wish is granted.
I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes a good scare, or even someone who is into classic horror tropes. Would I watch this at home or in the Theaters, definitely. It's a good watch for anyone that likes the horror genre.
YOO!! I lowkey liked your post than mine bro, you actually gave some cool facts that I didn't even think about. I really liked how you mentioned another person controlling Inde's mindset. I thought I was giving some spoilers, but I guess your one was more balanced. KEEP IT UP BRUDDA!!!
ReplyDelete