Low-Budget Trip to NYC - Places to Go

Low-budget trip to NYC

Hey guys, it’s Lily again, and this is my third and final blog post for Culture Cram! 

I’ve decided to share another list, this time of places to go or things to do in New York City (low-budget edition). Just to be clear, I don’t live in NYC or anything, but I’d go every month or so to visit my friend there. Because of that, I’ve gotten to know the city a little better and would like to share some places/things I’ve found exploring.

First of all, be prepared to spend at least $50 because a train ticket one-way is around $20 and the subway is $3 one-way (which is probably the most efficient and inexpensive way to get around). Besides that, a good amount of these are free or under $20, so you won’t have to be spending much more than that.

Anyways, let’s begin…

-Take a ferry ride! It’s cheap (under $5) with incredible views of the Hudson River, East River, and New York Harbor.

-”Little island” in NYC on the Hudson River (free). Great for taking pictures and walking..

Above: Little Island https://www.newyork.co.uk/little-island-in-new-york/

-Walking around SoHo or getting a drink and appetizers somewhere. They have a lot of cute diners or bars (SoHo Diner is a great spot, especially their outdoor area).

Above: SoHo Diner https://www.sohogrand.com/dining/soho-diner/

-Canal street. Fake designer bags, wallets, sunglasses, etc. for good prices everywhere you step. (tip: negotiate)

-Central park. I don’t even need to explain this one. Just go visit.

Above: Central Park https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/article/everything-to-know-about-central-park

-For night life: go to clubs with no entry fee. I’m pretty sure this one just applies to girls to be honest, but a couple clubs/bars I’ve been to with no entry fee are Mr. Purple, PHD rooftop, Old Mates Pub, Havana Social, Bars on Stone St, etc… that’s all I could think of right now, but go explore!!

-Pier 17 during the day (no events going on = free) has a beautiful view of the Brooklyn Bridge

Above: Me on the pier :)

-Seaport (lower manhattan). Cool area, cool views, and the same area as Pier 17. Check it out. 

-Times square. Yes maybe this one’s too obvious, but worth mentioning because there’s always something cool going on with lots to do or see.

-Brooklyn Bridge at sunset..

 

Above: Me on the B. Check it.

-Best Friends Pet Adoption Center. You can “borrow” a dog for free for the day!! 

-New York Public Library. Completely free and filled with beautiful artwork, architecture, and culture.

Above: New York City Public Library https://www.nypl.org/locations/schwarzman

And that concludes my little list of low-budget things to do in New York City!! 

Whether you go to visit for a day or a week, you’re bound to come across some of these spots, so here is your sign to check them out next time you go. 


Thank you for visiting Culture Cram and coming to check out my blog! 

Follow @lilypanzmicroblog on Instagram for more.

Xoxo

Lily Panzitta


Comments