Five Things to Keep you from Losing Your Mind

It’s summer break, and boreddddd out of my mind, so here are a few things I’ve been doing to keep from going completely insane.

First, my go-to is always The Sims 4. It’s pretty much the only game I play honestly, and I heavily rely on custom content (CC) and mods because the base game alone can feel almost as boring as real life. When it comes to the sims im practically a professional decorated and designed. I’ll spend hours just shopping for CC, downloading lots, mods, and Sims, and then customizing everything to my liking. A lot of people do rags-to-riches, or generational gameplays. Lately, I’ve been creating grown-up versions of characters from my favorite animated shows and movies, or continuing their stories. So far, I’ve worked on characters from Phineas and FerbGravity FallsThe Croods, and more, which has been surprisingly fun. If im not playing the Sims im playing Minecraft. And I suck at Minecraft so the is nothing I can help with on there. 

My second favorite way to pass time is reading. I’ve always loved books, they’ve kind of been a collection of mine since I was a kid. My first full series were Junie B. Jones and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. While I still love physical books, I mostly stick to digital now. Currently, I’m rereading The Hunger Games series to prepare for the new movie coming out. After that, I might start the Game of Thrones series or go back to my romance novels. I know it’s cliché, but honestly, romance gives me a little hope, and I could use that lately.

Another thing I’ve been doing is baking. I just made this layered red velvet cake and funfetti cupcakes. I don’t even have much of a sweet tooth, but I've been craving sweets recently. So even though, I usually end up giving most of my sweets away, it’s still relaxing to do.

I’ve also been crocheting. I learned as a kid, picked it back up during COVID, and now I’ve been doing it again out of pure boredom. I’m not amazing yet, but I want to improve enough to eventually make an outfit so we’ll see how that goes.

And finally…sleep. If I’m not sleeping, I’m rotating between everything else. Honestly, it’s a cycle at this point. I'm just trying to keep from losing my mind. Oh and Love Island USA. 

Comments