My favorite game of all time is Destiny. I started playing the game back in 2014, right before the first dlc for the game “The Dark Below” came out. I was only 8 when I first started to play it. I remember opening the game for the first time and making my beloved character of the hunter. Ever since then, I’ve played the game almost every single day for the past 11 years. All of my friends and family knew that it was my favorite game, and whenever someone asked what I was doing I most likely was playing Destiny. Over the years, I started to also play the other two classes, warlock and titan, but every single time I would come back to my hunter. Whenever a new campaign dropped, I would always play it first on my hunter, any raid or dungeon was always first done on my hunter. As I grew up the character grew alongside me. I was also able to make two of my best friends by playing the game, which I will forever be thankful for.
After Destiny released “the final shape,” which was the last major expansion for the main story, they were telling everyone that the game was coming to an end. The story, raid, and everything about the campaign were amazing, but the post-launch stuff sadly just was weak and lazy. Destiny was able to release two more minor expansions, which didn’t add much,
and once again, the gameplay was boring, but the storytelling only got good near the end of the campaigns.
About three weeks ago now bungie the developers of Destiny announced that the very last update for the game was coming out last week. Hearing the news was very upsetting but we all knew it was going to happen sooner than later. A lot of the stuff that they did add into this final update was stuff that the community has been asking for many years. It’s a strange feeling knowing the game I grew up with has finally concluded. The last mission for the final shape expansion which was the end of the main saga came out on my birthday in 2024 when I turned 18 so becoming an adult when the main story of my favorite game ended was somewhat emotional for me. Now in 2026 the final update came out the day after I turned 20. I’ll always be super grateful for all the memories and friends I made because of the game, and spending all my teen years having something I could always look forward to coming back to and enjoying. As much as im upset with what the game has become, I still will always love it and give it a 10/10 story.
Per audacia ad astra
-B3war3Plays



Comments
Post a Comment